- Born September 16, 1981, the oldest of three children, Chazz has a brother and a sister and two loving parents Eric & Denise
- Graduated from Paulsboro High School in 1999, with a 3.8 GPA and as a member of the National Honor Society.
-Upon Graduation from High School was offered 3 Division One Basketball scholarships and 2 Track scholarships.
- Instead chose to accept the Academic Scholarship offered by prestigious, Big Five, Philadelphia College, St. Josephs University.
- While attending St. Joes, Chazz was of course asked to try out for the famous St Joes Hawks basketball team, but declined the invitation as he had an academic scholarship and felt honor bound to make his grades so sport had to take a backseat to study .
- In his sophomore year, deciding he needed a sporting challenge that he could fit in with his degree course, Chazz consulted his cousin, two time world heavyweight champion, Terrible Tim Witherspoon, which led to Chazz starting his boxing career, on April 10, 2002, @ Joe Hands PAL [Police Athletic League] gym under the tutelage of brothers Wade and Randy Hinnant
- a year into his career Chazz won the Pennsylvania State Golden Gloves title.
- One year and 5 months into his fledgling boxing career, Chazz won 3rd Place at the 2003 National Pal [Police Athletic League] Tournament.
- 3 months later won the Middle Atlantic Regional Tournament, qualifying him for the U.S. Championships and in the process Chazz was awarded the title of Most Outstanding Boxer.
- took 2nd Place at the 2004 U.S. Championships which qualified him for the Olympic Trials.
- went on to win his bracket at the Olympic Trials and advanced to the Olympic Box-off in Cleveland, Ohio.
- One year and 10 months into his boxing career Chazz made the 2004 Olympic Team as the Heavyweight Olympic Alternate.
- Chazz is the first person in the history of USA boxing to make the Olympic boxing team after so little time in the sport.
- Two months after returning from the Athens Olympics won his second Pennsylvania Golden Gloves Title. All wins via the short route, thus advancing to the 2004 National Golden Gloves finals in Kansas, Missouri.
- won the 2004 National Golden Gloves Title, all wins via stoppage.
- N.B. Chazz is the first person, in the history of the Golden Gloves, to win this illustrious old title, at any weight, with all wins being by stoppage.
WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS AND 1 MONTH IN THE SPORT
-Full amateur record 32 bouts 26 wins 6 losses
- turned professional December, 2004
Graduated from St. Josephs University in May of 2005 with a Degree in Pharmaceutical Marketing, which he intends to use.
If his amateur career is a gauge of Gentleman Chazzs boxing ability and potential, then his Professional Career will lead to the World Heavyweight Championship.
God willing, Chazz will join his cousin, Terrible Tim Witherspoon, in boxings history books, as Heavyweight Champion of the World
Chazz is currently ranked among the top 5 young Heavyweight prospects in the world c.f. Boxingtalk.com
Chazzs nickname The Gentleman dates from his childhood, being big for his age and noted for his sporting prowess, yet always being ultra polite, he was referred to locally as the Gentleman the name stuck
Sunday 19th Febuary,2006 he became the proud father of a baby boy, King Witherspoon, named in honor of Martin Luther King jnr..
[ Martin Luther King jnr is honored via USA annual, public holiday 16th January]
|Read Chazz's interview with The Times|
|4th July 2007|